Wednesday, December 15, 2010

'Beautifully Different' (oh. come. on.)




Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

Well, well, well... aren't we going out of our way to be positive and practice self-love today.

You may tell from my snarkiness that it's not the head space I'm in at the moment, HOWEVER, that's probably exactly why I should blog riiiiiight about now.

1.) I'm really comfortable talking about the scary, ugly parts of life. Like, to the point that I have to be careful that I'm judging my audience well, because I'll quite naturally barrel into a full blown discussion of the rapes in the Congo... and you know what? There's a lot of people who just don't want to go there with me. Not better, not worse, but certainly different.

2.) God, this is way harder than I excepted.

2.) Okay, I need another try at #2.... I went to post-secondary? That doesn't sound different, but it's important to remember that the greater majority of the population doesn't have that privilege, and I'm a lucky bumpkin.

3.) I seem to make humorous stories about the otherwise mundane. (So I'm told. I'm really relying on outside information for that one.)

4.) I rock at traveling solo. No all-inclusive resort, no back-packing buddy, I got this. (All though the other options sound fun too!)

5.) I kick bum at making new friends of the same sex. (Hey, some people struggle with that, right? Credit where credit's due.)

6.) I am very passionate about the super serious things I do at work- I know that not everyone has the benefit of that kind of driving force in their life. Gratitude, yo.

7.) I'm a big time over-thinker. This is both a strength and major hindrance in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment